4/27/2015

Unashamed

Around last year, I went to a youth camp in Singapore. The theme of the camp was "I am Not Ashamed" and the symbol of their camp logo was a diamond. A friend of mine in the camp told me his interpretation of the symbol, "Well, when you have a diamond, you will wear it around with you to show off because it is precious to you. The Gospel is the same as the diamond. When you have the Gospel, you don't keep it, you show it to others." I like the interpretation from my friend.

For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile. For in the gospel the righteousness of God is revealed—a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written: “The righteous will live by faith.” Romans 1:16-17

"God intends us to penetrate the world. Christian salt has no business to remain snugly in elegant little ecclesiastical salt cellars; our place is to be rubbed into the secular community, as salt is rubbed into meat, to stop it going bad.  And when society does go bad, we Christians tend to throw up our hands in pious horror and reproach the non-Christian world; but should we not rather reproach ourselves?  One can hardly blame unsalted meat for going bad.  It cannot do anything else.  The real question to ask is: Where is the salt?" - quoted from John Stott

“You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot. “You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven. Matthew 5:13-16

I am not ashamed by Hillsong

When You found me
My whole world changed
I'm redeemed by Your light
Let the earth see
You are freedom
Turned my darkness to light

You welcomed me in with open arms
Into unending life

[Chorus]
I'm not ashamed of the gospel Lord
Your power, Your love that saved my soul
Now I'm alive in You
I live in the risen Son

You welcomed me in with open arms
Into unending life

[Chorus 3x]

I live in the risen Son
I live in the risen Son
I live in the risen Son


No comments: